Neat Motive 2 Speakers

ultrarunner

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone

Does anyone have any experience of these speakers? I've seen a pair for sale second hand (so unfortunately I won't be able to demo them in my system), love the looks and am tempted...

My current system is a modified Rega P5 with Ortofon 2M Blue into Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 SE, Arcam A85 amp, and CD72 player. My existing speakers are Monitor Audio Bronze BR5.

I tend to listen mostly to modern prog (Steven Wilson, Gazpacho, Riverside etc), older prog/classic rock (Floyd, Dire Straits, Maiden), some singer/songrwriter and some classical (Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Sibelius).

Are these going to be a big improvement?

Cheers all!

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I've listened to these speakers a while ago. Am I correct that these featured a downfiring woofer?
I remember them sounding very energetic and lively. The treble and midrange is their strongest point, the base is ok but the weaker point. I found it to be a bit loose, not so detailed. It's good enough to integrate well with the midrange but not yet good enough to give insight in the base details.
I think it would be an upgrade over the br5. However, I would recommend you to listen to the PMC Gb1i. I has the same footprint but to my ears is simply fabulous with arcam gear.

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi ultra,

Owned a pair for around 3years (se version). They were lively and had a bigger sound than their size would suggest.

Eventually changed them for ATCs as the bass tended to boom in our room. In different environment and with careful system pairing, the Neats will produce a very musically engaging sound. I believe that Neat and Naim are often matched.
Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts