Neat Elite SX

eltee00

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Thinking about getting this to match the Naim Nait XS. Anyone have any experience with them? It will be in a fairly small living room 5m wide by 3m deep.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I rate the Neat Elites. Fine speakers, nicely balanced, clean bass. The Dealer where I heard them reckons they're the best of the range - doesn't like the tweeters on the ones lower down the range. The elite has a soft dome one.

Distance away from the rear wall could be a problem, but the same dealer told my mate that they're more tolerant than other ported designs and work well without much space between them and the wall. Neat generally recommend 12" from the rear wall.

Any chance of trying them at home? That's the best way to find out if they'd go in your room.

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
The Elite SX are just amazing speakers . They work well in a small to medium sized room and a Naim amplifier is the perfect partner.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
While I have experience of both, I don't think I have necessarily heard both products together. Knowing the XS, there should be no problems with the Elites in that size room. With the Neats being designed around the Naim equipment, I doubt you'll go wrong :)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I would hope the Neat would be better sounding than the KEF - but in Hi Fi expensive does not mean better so an audition is the only way to find out.

My experience of Neat speakers is limited to the Motive 3 (with the metal tweetrer) but imho they sounded fantastic!

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Let us know how you get on, eltee00 - I have Elite SX's with my Supernait, and it's a superb combination across a whole range of repertoire. I think you'll love them. :grin:

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
When I used an XS I tried it with some Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Editions.

Of course you wont go that way with your budget but it was magical.

regards

TRENDING THREADS