Nakamichi cassette repairs

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
I've not been on here for a while, I would like to ask a question? Has anyone in the UK, sent a Nakamichi cassette deck to get repaired at the authorised service place? If so, how long did you wait for a quote for the work, and then how long was it before you got your deck back?

I ask because I sent my Nakamichi cassette deck away to get repaired early November.

So far, I've had a one response from them that they recieved it from the courier, That was the day after I sent it.

It's now the 13th December! no further communication from them apart from that they received it, and a rough quote via e-mail.

I had hoped for some interaction by now? But so far, silence.

I'm still waiting! I'm the customer, I will pay them for their work. if they don't want my money, well that's OK,

Any of you out there is a tape head like me?

If you are then you will know how silent, a blank TDK SA-X tape sounds with dbx noise reduction?

Thats how silent the authorised repair centre has been so far.

George

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I guess by authorised service place you are referring to Bowers & Wilkins? About two years ago I sent a Nakamichi DR-3 to B&W for service and reel motor replacement and if I recall it took about 2 or 3 weeks. I think I had to pay before the work was done. Perhaps try emailing again or give them a call.

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
I sent my Nakamichi CR7 for repair some years ago through my dealer to B & W for a new motor for the rec/playback heads. As i remember it also took about 2-3 weeks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts