Naim Nait 5i, n-Sat and n-Bracket

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
As some of you may know, I've been building an extension on the side of my house. Part of the build has extended our kitchen to provide a kitchen / diner at round 2.5m wide and 7m long. At the diner end of this room I've provided 4 wired Cat 6 ethernet ports as part of my home network. I've stuck a Panasonic telly (TX-L32D25B) onto the end wall and I want to add an amp and speakers but the amp can't be too deep. The limit is around 30-31cm. The speakers also need to be small to fit the space alloted ie no wider than around 20cm and preferrably narrower). I plan to add a media player (WDTV Live or Apple Mac Mini) to access centrally stored music. The amp/speakers will be used for music and telly. I'll get a DAC when funds allow. I'm thinking along the lines of a Nait 5i and n-Sats on n-Brackets. Are there other options I should be considering? Will the small speakers be struggling with this long, thin and relatively hard surfaced room? Thanks for any help and advice.

John Duncan

PJPro:The limit is around 30-31cm

See, I know all about this one...

Speakers are another matter (Chebby will tell you about the Nait and the n-Sats, I suspect).

But amps in your depth range:

Naim
Primare A20 MkII (yay)
Creek
Cambridge Audio
NAD
Exposure
Rega
Rotel

A

Anonymous

You may be struggling with the N-sats. They are a marmite sort of speaker. Definitely audition first.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
chebby:
Please can PJpro and I be given each other's email addresses offline if that is ok with him?

Thanks

OK with me.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Chebby, I think I already have it (from the testing over on Gramaphone) but I don't know which one is you. If you still have the email from JD, I think you'll find mine easier to spot.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Ya know, I already have some Arcam Musos. Perhaps the Solo Mini is the way to go. Only thing is it's a bit too deep.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Actually, I get really annoyed by the depth of amps. Why on earth do manufacturers make 'em sooo deep?! Especially AV amps. You buy a super thin telly and still need to be able to accomodate a half metre monster under it.

And surely ARCAM has made the Solo the wrong way round. If they turned it through 90deg, it'd only be 23cm deep and be much easier to place in a room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts