Naim CD5i replacement player?

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello , again !
Question ,for those who auditoned more players ( I have no hifi showroom in my town)
Are the new cheaper CD players ( Marantz 6007 for example) sounding close to the 15 years old Naim CD5i ?

Hello , again !
Question ,for those who auditoned more players ( I have no hifi showroom in my town)
Are the new cheaper CD players ( Marantz 6007 for example) sounding close to the 15 years old Naim CD5i ?
Not having heard the CD5i I would say no.
Modern DACs can sound more analytical but a good sound does not necessarily need an expensive one.
Some people swear by the sound of old Sony 1 bit players but it's all very personal.
if you own said Naim and are happy with it then keep it going

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
I used to own a cd5 mkii italic....wish I still had it....lol....although connectivity wise...it was limited to be a cd player only..no transport facility....but your going to have to spend more than a few hundred quid to better than what you have.

I used to own a cd5 mkii italic....wish I still had it....lol....although connectivity wise...it was limited to be a cd player only..no transport facility....but your going to have to spend more than a few hundred quid to better than what you have.
I owned the same one. I kept it about 3 months before reinstating the Arcam CD73. That speaks volumes (pun intended)

Hello , again !
IME the CD5i is great for short listening sessions or "instant impact". If you want something more relaxing, ideal for longer sessions, you can't go too far wrong with Arcam players.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts