Naim CD3.5+Flatcap with Cyrus One

Dennis Michos

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
Hello
I need some help :)
I saw some Naim CD3.5 + Flatcap in good price (2nd hand)
What do you think of Naim CD3.5 + Flatcap working together with an original Cyrus One?
Is the Flatcap just a power supply for the CD3.5 or is it something more?
Will the Cyrus One match with the Naim CD player?
Will the Naim CD3.5 + Flatcap sound better than the Marantz CD6002 I currently own?

Dennis Michos said:
HelloI need some help :)I saw some Naim CD3.5 + Flatcap in good price (2nd hand)What do you think of Naim CD3.5 + Flatcap working together with an original Cyrus One?Is the Flatcap just a power supply for the CD3.5 or is it something more?Will the Cyrus One match with the Naim CD player?Will the Naim CD3.5 + Flatcap sound better than the Marantz CD6002 I currently own?

You many get more response on the Naim forum :-

http://forums.naimaudio.com/forum/hi-fi-corner

Pedro

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I've never listened to those players so obviously I can't compare.

It is my understanding that the CD3.5 was Naim's entry level CDP in the late 90s. I believe it was discontinued around 2000, so you're looking at a 17 year old CDP at best. You can check the year of manufacture here: https://www.naimaudio.com/serial-numbers

I would only buy a CDP that old if it was cheap as chips, because parts like the laser mech do wear out. You can check with Naim if the laser mech is still available, just email them.

Why not a later model instead? If you'd like to buy a Naim CDP there is always stuff appearing in the 2nd hand market. I sold my CD5si yesterday locally (I'm ripping my CDs to FLAC and getting rid of loads of them).

Only my 2 cents...

Dennis Michos

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
Pedro, you are right, I probably reacted without thinking too much
I have already blocked the item by prepaying 50% of it so either I loose 225 GBP or I buy it
Final price was 450 GBP for both the CD3.5 and the Flatcap
I guess I will buy it and take the risk. I might try to resell it as I saw on ebay prices are more or less of that range and there are several bidders interested
The fact is I already own a Marantz CD6002 and I am not sure I will hear such a huge difference

Pedro

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Dennis Michos said:
Pedro, you are right, I probably reacted without thinking too muchI have already blocked the item by prepaying 50% of it so either I loose 225 GBP or I buy itFinal price was 450 GBP for both the CD3.5 and the FlatcapI guess I will buy it and take the risk. I might try to resell it as I saw on ebay prices are more or less of that range and there are several bidders interestedThe fact is I already own a Marantz CD6002 and I am not sure I will hear such a huge difference

Alea iacta est!

Well, the CDP could be in good state and you may prefer it over the Marantz. And you're right, there's always demand for Naim gear.

Do keep us updated :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts