Naim and KEF will not match?

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm most listen to Rock. Naim like me fine for rock. But my speakers are KEF XQ 40.

I heard that Naim and KEF will not match. Is this right?

T

the record spot

Must admit, I go along with matthewpiano here; if you think it sounds good, then go with it. Maybe compare with another set or two of speakers if you can to get some sense of perspective in the performance, but you're the one that's going to be living with them...!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
peterpan:Naim like me fine for rock. But my speakers are KEF XQ 40.

I am not sure, but I think you are saying you like Naim for rock but have doubts about your speakers. Is this right?

In a previous post you were thinking about a Nait XS and CD5X to replace your Luxman L-505f....

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/233699.aspx

(I heard the excellent Nait XS/CD5X combination recently, but through £400 and £680 speakers not £2500 KEFs!)

Did you get to hear them together yet?

T

the record spot

peterpan:What do you think about the Marantz 8003 amp. and cdp?

Have a listen; I like the recent Marantz ranges and own their SA7001 KI CD player (the 8003's immediate predecessor). The amp promises good things too and are traditionally a strongpoint i nthe company's products.

Definitely worth shortlisting and the kit works well together when partnered in one-make systems.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Probably something you heard from a dealer who doesn't stock one of those manufacturers? Or maybe you heard it from someone who heard it from someone else?
emotion-1.gif

The older Naim amps went quite well with the older Reference ranges (101/2's, 103/4's, 104/2's, 105/3's etc). But there were a lot of speakers that the older Naim just didn't get on with. The newer Naim designs are far more speaker friendly, and it's now hard to find a speaker that doesn't get on with the Naim's. I've done many, many dems with KEF and Naim, and never come across any problems with regards to matching or with them working together.

A

Anonymous

fancy a naim unityqute was thinking of the kef q300s.or the pmc dbm1i as an exspensensive orlternative.heard the n-sats sound good with the unityqute.any other allturnatives?

A

Anonymous

There are plenty Naim owners who are Totem lovers. Unfortunately I did not heard Totem with Naim yet but I sure will before buying.

I heard the Arrow and Staff with Rega Brio (not the -R) so I know I need to give a try with my Qute as soon as I can.

Totem bookself are cheaper in price but seems to make many happy.

Good luck!

P.S. Is blue more beautiful then green to you? Does Kef sound better then PMC?

There is no way out. It's all about going out and demo all the speakers you can afford. The good news is that it's a hell a of a fun to chop for speakers :)

mrox said:
There are plenty Naim owners who are Totem lovers. Unfortunately I did not heard Totem with Naim yet but I sure will before buying.

I heard the Arrow and Staff with Rega Brio (not the -R) so I know I need to give a try with my Qute as soon as I can.

Totem bookself are cheaper in price but seems to make many happy.

Good luck!

P.S. Is blue more beautiful then green to you? Does Kef sound better then PMC?

There is no way out. It's all about going out and demo all the speakers you can afford. The good news is that it's a hell a of a fun to chop for speakers :)

Can I point out that the thread is nearly 3 years old?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
parisimo said:
fancy a naim unityqute was thinking of the kef q300s.or the pmc dbm1i as an exspensensive orlternative.heard the n-sats sound good with the unityqute.any other allturnatives?

Of the KEFs and the PMCs, I'd go for the PMCs, but I'd also suggest you have a listen to the Neat Motive 3 standmounters or, if you have space, the Motive 2 floorstanders. I have used the latter to good effect with the UQ.

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin said:
Can I point out that the thread is nearly 3 years old?

... duh... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Well it's about time someone try to help this folk isn't???

;)

Thanks Penguin... good catch, I'll watch that from now on... I just hope it helped parisimo then!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts