Naim 326 or 328 boards

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Help,

I need a set of either but do not know where to find them. Can anybody steer me in a good direction?

Thanks

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
NJB said:
unsleepable said:

Many thanks, but am I missing something. The advert for the na326 shows a completely blank board that links 2 of the pins. What is to stop me just taking out my old na322 boards and bridging those 2 pins with a piece of wire?

Nothing whatsoever.

Unless leaving a solder residue on the pins is an issue for you, might make it difficult to refit boards should you wish to at some later point, for resale perhaps?

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi Davedotco,

Right, have a soldering iron and reckon I can do this. However, one stupid question. The boards in there now are for bumping up a stylus signal. Therefore, it makes sense that they only apply to the phono input jacks. Thus after removing them and jumping the pins, I need to feed the CD signal through the phono jacks? Or, is this a 2 stage amplification board where the aux and tuner get some amplification and the phono inputs get extra amplification?

bottom line, with cd connected to the aux inputs, do I see a benefit?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
This is an 'old fashioned' high gain preamp, all the inputs are the same except for the different sockets and the 322/3 boards on the phono input which have extra gain and RIAA equalisation. In effect the 322/3 boards bring the phono up to line level, using 326 boards or soldered links just turn the phono input into a line input, the same as the others.

Use whatever is most convenient, sockets wise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts