NAGAOKA Rolling Cleaner CL152

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been looking at one of these which are going for about £35 on eBay. They appear to have a very good reputation, easy to use, and no fluids involved. Anyone got one and are they as good as they sound?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
For removing dust (and reducing static) a carbon-fibre brush before each spin is best. I don't like the idea of anything 'sticky' like rollers etc.

Rolling something across the LP with any pressure could impact stuff into grooves as much as it removes. Static is incredibly good at holding particles in place and I fear the roller will lose that 'tug of war' and just push some particles further into the grooves.

If your LPs need a clean, then that £35 will go a long way to buying a Knosti Disco Antistat wet cleaning system which will be very thorough and leave all the rubbish in the fluid (which gets filtered before you re-use it.)

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
What you need is one of these DIB, as chebby suggested.

images

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I've just taken delivery of a Gnosti Disco-Antistat which I'm looking forward to using, and I always use my carbon fibre brush before playing.

I was just interested to see whether the extravagent claims for these rollers was justified, especially as I had never to the best of my knowledge seen anything mentioned on these forums about them.

TRENDING THREADS