nad d3020 for q acoustics 2020i..

suresh babu

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
hi friends,

i am planning to buy nad d3020 amp for my q acoustics 2020i speakers for my music through dvd player or from computer .

previously i used it with my friends marantz pm 6004 stereo amp. and happy with its combo.. but now interest to buy other brand..

does anybody has experience with nad d3020? what about its stereo music sound quality?

does anybody compare it with marantz amp?

i need not worry about power or connectivity, my expectations is music sound quality.. do i expect sound quality like marantz pm6004? if it is better or equal quality, i will consider to buy d3020 for my q acoustics..

kindly help

thank you

suresh babu

gasolin

suresh babu said:
hi friends,

i am planning to buy nad d3020 amp for my q acoustics 2020i speakers for my music through dvd player or from computer .

previously i used it with my friends marantz pm 6004 stereo amp. and happy with its combo.. but now interest to buy other brand..

does anybody has experience with nad d3020? what about its stereo music sound quality?

i need not worry about power or connectivity, my expectations is music sound quality.. do i expect sound quality like marantz pm6004? if it is better or equal quality, i will consider to buy d3020 for my q acoustics..

kindly help

thank you

suresh babu

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/nad-d-3020-question

Not 100% recommendable #2

I originally used this amp with Concept 20s. In my opinion the sound quality from this combo was really good but for me was a bit too smooth sounding overall. The sound while very clear, detailed and full just wasn't exciting enough for my tatstes. Every genre of music I listened to kind of sounded the same, everything being given the same smoothing over.

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
gasolin said:
suresh babu said:
hi friends,

kindly help

thank you

suresh babu

I originally used this amp with Concept 20s. In my opinion the sound quality from this combo was really good but for me was a bit too smooth sounding overall. The sound while very clear, detailed and full just wasn't exciting enough for my tatstes. Every genre of music I listened to kind of sounded the same, everything being given the same smoothing over.

Then again the Concept 20's are meant to sound different to the 2020i's.

gasolin

ChrisIRL said:
gasolin said:
suresh babu said:
hi friends,

kindly help

thank you

suresh babu

Then again the Concept 20's are meant to sound different to the 2020i's.

Not much difference, same size cabinet, same tweeter,bass unit, biggest difference a more stiffer,heavier cabinet, the concept 20 is 12 kg heavy, thats why it sound better then a 2020i which is only 6 kg heavy

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
Anyone liking the NAD 3020D styling/approach will have another alternative soon - stay tuned! Sworn to secrecy, so I can't say!

The Monitor Audio Airstream A100 or Quad Vena ?

gasolin

David@FrankHarvey said:
ChrisIRL said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
Anyone liking the NAD 3020D styling/approach will have another alternative soon - stay tuned! Sworn to secrecy, so I can't say!

Monitor Audio A100 by any chance?

Nope - this option hasn't been released yet - saying no more!

Why do you think that ?

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-15065-monitor-audio-airstream-a100-networked-amplifier-with-airplay.aspx

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/product/8377/monitor-audio-airstream-a100-white-airplay-amplifier/

matthewpiano

I'd fully expect Marantz and/or Denon to come out with something along those lines before long, utilising the amplification from the MCR610/CEOL ranges.

Reference the Monitor Audio I saw one up close a few days ago, but didn't hear it. Looks nicely made and for anyone who doesn't need extensive analogue connectivity it could be an interesting option, provided it sounds good of course.

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
like this one.....autumn 2014 availible

marantz_hd_dac1.jpg

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Dalwen............that's a new Marantz DAC.........not a digital amp...............? Or am I wrong ?

Denon is comes out with a new Ceol Carino.......it's a digital amp but cheaper than the NAD D3020 so that isn't the one that David is talking about I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts