nad c515 or c545 cd player quality?

lee37

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
i am thinking about getting a NAD c515 cd player to just play my mp3 cd collection.

is it better to get this or a £50 dvd player that plays mp3

my amp is a sony strda 555es and speakers are sony amp 181es and a sony cdp x303es cd player i am only looking for a fairly cheap solution as i mainly use cd`s but i want the option for mp3.

i have tried the ipod route but wasnt impressed.dont like th ipod software quicker to write a cd.

the only other option is selling the 303es and buying the nad c545 that also does mp3. is the nad 545 better quality than the 303es. the sony 303es cost me £550 about 13 years ago and is very good build and sound quality so i would be interested to see what people think between this and the nad 545.

the only other solution would be to connect my sony s350 blu ray player from my surround sound system to my str 555es via an optical cable but the wife moans about all the cables everywhere

any thoughts?

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I have the NAD C515BEE, which has a good sound,ÿbut with unreliable quality, it has problems with cd tray open/close mechanisn. The old Sony should be better

A

Anonymous

I have a C541i CD player sitting in a box under my bed because it started skipping like mad and wouldn't even recognize some discs. It sounded absolutely wonderful though, so I imagine I'll take it in to get repaired one of these days. I miss it in my system.

But be warned NAD CD players can be an unreliable sort!

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts