NAD C390DD owners

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting a thread with the hope of find some other NAD C390DD owners on here. I have recently got the amp and am enjoying it very much. I do have a couple of queries on it though:

1) I have installed the DD AP-1 analogue MDC module to give me inputs for vinyl and home cinema bypass. I find both of these inputs to be very quiet. The vinyl input has a 0db trim while the AV input is set to Fixed. Is there any other way to improve the levels here?

2) I have experimented with the Speaker Compensation settings, and honestly, I can't tell the difference between any of them. My PMCs are rated at 8 ohms, so I left the setting at 8 for now. On other forums, a few people have found changing the speaker compensation setting to really affect the sound. I wonder if anybody else has had more success here?

3) When running the Room EQ feature, I found it difficult to know what the right level is for various frequencies. The instructions say each tone (240Hz, 120Hz, 100Hz, etc) should read "0" on the sound pressure level meter. I have a Silverlink SPL meter; when I run the Room EQ for each tone the sound sort of "pulses" or "throbs". The result is that the needle on the SPL meter bounces between -10 and +10 db, it never sits still. So I am guessing that the mean value is approximately 0db, which should be correct. Right?

All round, a good amp. My only disappointment was that I also bought the NAD BluOS MDC module but you can't fit both the analogue module and BluOS at the same time. The C390DD has two different sizes of MDC slots on the back (36mm and 30mm), both the AP-1 and BluOS are 36mm so you can only choose one, but it doesn't say that anywhere in the manual. So I ended up with the Bluesound Node instead, same price anway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts