NAD C375BEE: matter of taste or faulty amp or ... ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
techeteri said:
Well, I have this amplifier... it's been one year already since I have it and it is married happily to a sony xa5400es player and Klipsch RF-7 speakers.

I have uloaded a video on you tube b/w my setup and the setup of my daughter. Even with youtube compression and simple camera microhone the difference is audiable and you should immediately feel it.

The video is to demonstrate the difference primarly b/w the Klipsch Rf-7 vs Klipsch RB-81, not the difference in the amplification. :exmark: I beleive that the RF-7 is really not giving the RB-81 any chance it is so much supperior that even if it had better amp the hudge difference will be still there.

Here's a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYJltcTIHEg

I would think, also, that the Nad is better matched with Klipsch speakers than the Marantz (this is guess work given I have no experience with those speakers. But going by reviews, they seem to have similar traits to my RS6s).

A

Anonymous

The difference with ear-phones or any decent audio system is immediate. :clap: It is ***huge*** so no point in discussing that :silenced:

The camera microphone cannot catch the bass, but the dinamics and clarity are still perceivable and that's night and day.

I find the test very good demonstration of how week the RB81 is compared to a real Klipsch speakers. :read: This was what I wanted to show and I think I did :oops:

The Sony, NAD 375 and this Klipsch RF7 make for a perfect combination because they all excel in dinamic and articulation.

A

Anonymous

Nad is better matched with Klipsch speakers than the Marantz

Yep, confirmed.

Tested few NAD's, my old C350 and the C375 (the big beast) as well as my daugher's Marantz PM6003.

I guess that the Klipsch RF-7 need a lot of current and reserve and while having sensibilityof 102 db means it easily makes it loud, when it comes to quality and controling well those two huge woofers of the RF-7 it requires strong hands. :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

Both NAD's have managed with confidence and the Marantz was shy (even more) :?

A

Anonymous

those speakers must sound good because they're bloody awful to look at (IMO)

They still look better than the Khorns 8)

http://www.klipsch.com/klipschorn-floorstanding-speaker

But sound no better, the Klipschorn's are some of the finest speakers ever made.

...for the last ... 60 years :)) :wall: :wall: :wall:

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it would be interesting to compare the NAD C375 BEE with the likes of Yamaha AS-1000, XTZ 100 D3, Harmon Kardon HK990 and Creek 5350 etc. I'd rather have a pair of PMC Twenty 24's than the Klipsch RF7' mk2s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts