NAD amp help please...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
How would I hook up my NAD C350 to my C270 power amp? Any ideas on this? Would I use the variable in or the fixed in?

Hopefully someone knows about this...

Steve

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I own the C350, and although I haven't done this it is very simple. As you might expect, you use the PRE OUT 1 from the integrated into your power amp.

How hard can that be?

It's in the manual, which, if you don't have it, is on the NAD website, or google it.

A

Anonymous

Before I got my C350 back from repair, I was using the C270 alone which worked pretty well. I have plugged the 350 and 270 together with the fixed in, but I don't think it suited it as one of my speaker channels seemed to cut out (over clipping maybe due to C270?). Using C270 alone was fine, so perhaps I need to try and use the variable in instead (maybe with the fixed in it is ouputing too much to the speakers hence the performance). I will also test the C350 with my set of speakers to see if it still does the specified problem I've encountered.

This is just what I think really, my C350 was repaired and sent back to me... I'm sure whoever fixed it tested it before it was sent off.

Any other suggestions apart from what I've mentioned?

More testing needs to be done I think.

Steve

nads

how did you use the C270 alone? it need a preamp at least to control the volume!

so again HOW are you using the two amps.

the variableis just to allow some gain adjustment if you are using dissimilar amps.

I run a 372 and 272 Bi amped and the variable is set to max as both amps are basically the same.

A

Anonymous

The C270 can be used on it's own, you just plug in a CD player/MP3 player (or other source via interconnects) into the Variable Input on the C270. You just adjust the Input Level to a desirable level, it works fantastic but it is not the most convienient arrangement.

We've established something I've mentioned, that I should have used the Variable In to plug in the C350 and adjust the Input Level on it.

How is your 372/272 bi-amped (in terms of diagram)? I'd be interested in doing that if possible.

Thanks for your input

Steve

A

Anonymous

What gain are you refering to? Voltage gain? Is it refered to in the manual?

Thanks

Steve

A

Anonymous

As regarding your 372/272 bi-amp combo, you have the jumpers (or interconnects) in place and have plugged your 272 into the remaining Pre-out socket, correct? Seeing how you only have two units, or am I missing something? Which I admit is entirely possible.

Steve

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Steve.

I used to own the exact combination you have.

To bi-amp with them (with biwirable speakers, of course), connect the spare pre-out on the 350 to the fixed inputs of the 270. If you get the cutting out problem, use the variables at maximum. Leave the pre-out/main-in jumpers in place.

Remove your speakers' terminal shorting links (if still in place), and run one pair of speaker cables from the 350's outputs to the treble terminals of each speaker. Then run another pair from the 270 to the bass terminals.

Voila, one biamp system. The amps should match perfectly, volume wise - if they don't, you may well have a fault somewhere.

I hope this is of some help to you!

Jon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts