My system

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thought i would finally post a few dodgy pictures of my setup.

IMAG0528.jpg

sorry for the picture quality done with a mobile phone..

IMAG0518.jpg

IMAG0512.jpg

As you can see im at a little disadvantage with the room shape so have tried to make the best of a bad deal.

IMAG0511.jpg

IMAG0513.jpg

A bit difficult to get it sorted on the surrounds too with space as seating is crammed

IMAG0516-1.jpg

The B&W 610 subwoofer is under a table below my front window on a piece of granite. I will redo these pictures at a later date due to the poor quality.
smiley-frown.gif

Regards all

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Dont we all have awkward room? Have u tried the centre brought forward to the front edge and fronts away a few inches? Cosy setup I recon. Thanks for de pix. Cheers

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Cheers guys.

The wood is solid oak.

I would bring the centre further forward BUT the stand it is sitting on is rather deep at 70cm & I would end up with my bi-wiring showing & no real way of hiding it neatly.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion, It is already raised on feet but only by about a cm. The only other option is put a shelf in above, I thought that may make it a bit messy too.

Regards

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Have u tried the centre brought forward to the front edge and fronts away a few inches?

Hi Robin, I have now had a little time to reflect on your comment.

I have now come to the conclusion that i will try to get a floating shelf with a cable tidy built in for the Centre speaker. This should to raise it enough to put my Tivo box underneath. I recon that this will help to tidy the area up a bit & improve on the centre speakers soundstage with it being more in line with the front Left & Right floor standers woofers.

Question is can i get either a wooden one & use a cheap cable tidy to go with? it or a glass one? It needs to be around 30cm deep & 55 cm long to fit my centre speaker on.

Regards ... Paul

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I presume by floating shelf you mean a wall hung shelf. Brackets could be hidden behind the tv or box but I dont understand how this would bring the front closer in line with fronts. I would look for a slim open backed box matching the stand maybe?? Good luck

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Well after that suggestion i have upgraded slightly & added a new bespoke stand/ plinth for my centre speaker. This has enabled me to tidy up the look with the Virgin tivo box too. All in Oak the same as the rest of it.

fa923a47-12d1-484c-a89d-294d294a38cd_zps57bc4857.jpg

I am now considering re-doing the whole lot with one bespoke stand, when finances allow of course, as i'm after a new A/V Amp later on in the year .

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I rather like the plynth. I am not really sure how much the position makes, I have often tweaked but since my centre is a closwd box, I think position is less critical. Finding an off the shelf cabinet to house a centre is hard. Solid oak? The bizz! Is it all sounding good? Cheers

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Robin. The plinth came from Hi Fi Racks so i could get the bespoke size for the centre speaker & Tivo box to sit underneath.

The plinth has raised the centre speaker by about 4 inches or so, making it more in line height wise with the bass & midrange of the two front floorstanders. This certainly has improved the sound quality & mix for 5.1, with a more positive & pleasing punch from the centre speaker. I may even upgrade the font right & left to Ikon 6's if i get the chance at the right price & colour.

Regards ..Paul

TRENDING THREADS