My system.

A

Anonymous

I like your other pics on flickr. Did you use a Polaroid filter on some of those, in particular the one with the gorgeous sky and water? What body and lenses? BTW, the hi-fi looks great, esp that amp...

A

Anonymous

I so much envy your room ... I bet it sounds fantastic. Nice job ;)

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi Fr0g

How do you find the acoustics with that wood floor ? We're in the process of doing up a house and I do fancy wood floors - but I reckon carpet may be better sounding... would be interested in your thoughts.

cheers

Roger

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="igglebert"]I like your other pics on flickr. Did you use a Polaroid filter on some of those, in particular the one with the gorgeous sky and water? What body and lenses? BTW, the hi-fi looks great, esp that amp...[/quote]

Cheers! You probably mean the HDR shots... 3 exposures blended and tonemapped. (google HDR)

I mainly use my Panasonic TZ3 or Fuji E900 but I also have a Canon EOS 350D +18-55 Kit lens and a Canon 60mm EFS macro and Tamron 28-300.
Yes the amp is the crown for the moment....;)

[quote user="roger06"]Hi Fr0g

How do you find the acoustics with that wood floor ? We're in the process of doing up a house and I do fancy wood floors - but I reckon carpet may be better sounding... would be interested in your thoughts.

cheers

Roger

[/quote]
Its fine SO LONG as you get a rug... makes quite a difference. And I have been told the slopey ceiling is perfect for accoustics...

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Worrying presence of tripod in that bachelor (looking) pad there, fr0g mate.........[/quote]
Heh. It was dark when I took the pics, so grabbed it... Then left it there when I took the long range pic :=)
Also... Its not a bachelor pad...although my missus does complain its a bit blokey.. Its the upstairs lounging room...The living room is downstairs :)

A

Anonymous

It's nice looking room for sure. A third of my room's ceiling slopes too, but I have a 12 year old carpet in my room that's seen better days, must replace it one of these days. Must get an upgrade for my 7SE's DAC sometime too.

Have a Canon EOS400D with Canon EF 50 f/1.8 & Sigma 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 lenses; could do with a macro lens. I've not tried HDR yet, must do so.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="merseymal"]It's nice looking room for sure. A third of my room's ceiling slopes too, but I have a 12 year old carpet in my room that's seen better days, must replace it one of these days. Must get an upgrade for my 7SE's DAC sometime too.

Have a Canon EOS400D with Canon EF 50 f/1.8 & Sigma 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 lenses; could do with a macro lens. I've not tried HDR yet, must do so.[/quote]
The EF-S 60mm is a really nice lens, but could do with being a little longer imo...its murder to get focus up close without a tripod. examples of mine...

John Duncan

[quote user="fr0g"][quote user="JohnDuncan"]Worrying presence of tripod in that bachelor (looking) pad there, fr0g mate.........[/quote]
Heh. It was dark when I took the pics, so grabbed it... Then left it there when I took the long range pic :=)
Also... Its not a bachelor pad...although my missus does complain its a bit blokey.. Its the upstairs lounging room...The living room is downstairs :)[/quote]

Upstairs lounging room oooOOOooo. I'm not putting photos of my house up, not without putting the train set and High School Musical beach ball away.......

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes, the upstairs lounging room in my place is also known as the toilet!
CIMG3003.JPG

Suppose I could try and get comfortable lying down amongst the cardboard boxes, dustbin liners and glass fibre insulation in the loft. But there's no sockets up there and I'd probably get bored after staring at the light coming in between the gaps in the tiles for an hour or so.
fr0g.....you just need a couple of new remotes and a sofa. This is what we use
classic008.jpg
classic011.jpg

Otherwise - nice one.

A

Anonymous

That EF-S 60mm and your pics are superb. I use a Nikon D100 with 28-80mm and 70-300mm Nikon ED lenses but never get anything as crisp as that. Will be sampling a motion stability 300mm soon when I visit some air shows :) Bring on the Vulcan... :-D

A

Anonymous

fr0g, if your ear for a system match is as good as your eye for a photo then I'd be very interested in trying that amp of yours! Superb pictures on Flickr.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="igglebert"]fr0g, if your ear for a system match is as good as your eye for a photo then I'd be very interested in trying that amp of yours! Superb pictures on Flickr.[/quote]

Well thank you very much... I am very amateurish imo, but love to have a mess about... :)

As for the amp... I doubt its for many ears. Its the most brutally honest thing I have ever heard. I suffered at first, then grew accustomed to it. (Of course I demoed at home first so knew what I was getting into). I love it to bits now my ears have run it in).
And of course it goes stupidly loud, distortion-free, and doesnt go at all hot...weird. If the CD1 had a digital in I would have bought it. No question, as its an amazing player. As a company, I think they define value for money at that level.

TRENDING THREADS