My system - suggestions please . . . .

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

this is my first post - and I am seeking the benefit of others wisdom, so hopefully I'm in the right place. . . . .

I have recently bought a load of Arcam stuff - great value at half price now its end of line. Its a CD36 / A32 amp / P35 power amp.

Held together by Chord Chorus 2 interconnects, and wired to Epos M22 speakers (not the brand new ones) with old faithful QED silver anniversary.

I have always had Arcam and built up to this via CD62/82/192 - I like the sound as well as the quality/looks of the kit.

The system is good and I am generally happy with it, but Im always on the look out - so if there are any weak links in that lot I am open to suggestions. . . . .

I had seen some Tannoy TD10 speakers which I like, but they will break the bank and Im not sure if they are too good for the rest of my kit ? ? ? So I am dithering at the moment and considering something on a smaller scale which might make a difference - whether it be speakers or wires.

Thanks!! Sally.

John Duncan

Hello Sally

To be honest, I can't see any weak links there at all, provided you like the sound. You'll find fans and critics of Arcam here (I being one of the latter, but don't hold that against me) but there isn't anything there that's out of place. You're right that your next upgrade should be loudspeakers, where I believe you can never spend too much, but even then you'd probably need to spend £2k to make you go "wow".

Leave the cables alone!
emotion-2.gif

jd

A

Anonymous

Solid system, maybe get a turntable?

I think the speakers are next on the chopping block, but the epos' are so good that I doubt it's urgent.

A

Anonymous

More music, a big, comfy listening chair, a case of your favorite vino...

No, but seriously, looks like you have a very good system there. Agreed, speakers would be the next move but where's the rush. You could always try a couple of mains leads if you're that way inclined, or even some isolation such as a rack of some sort. It's all money for the future speaker fund though.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a great system! Would love to hear what it sounds like compared to mine..

A

Anonymous

Hi, and thanks for you replies. Decided not to go for the Tannoy TD10s - dont think that my system would do justice to 5k speakers.

I do intend to have a look at KEF XQ40 in the near future tho - and see if I can blag some speaker wire as an upgrade (either Chord Odyssey or QED XT400.....)

emotion-1.gif
Sally.

A

Anonymous

Cant afford the speakers just now - so opted to upgrade the speaker wire with Chord Odyssey. Im hoping to get some minor improvement (I never say major - as many people promise you the earth as they relieve you of your cash!!!!)

ILMM

TRENDING THREADS