My old kit speakers

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Had a play with my old IPL A2 kit speakers while i was amp swapping the other day http://dik.dolan.googlepages.com/IPLA2.jpg id forgoten how good they sound and prefer them to the PMC.I built these maybe 25 years ago and ran them fully active for many years before converting them to passive.I made them with 18mm mdf layer glued to a 12mm mdf layer then 2 mm ply and the drivers are aerogel main and seas tweeters.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
They look great.

You could not have made as much mess as I did, building a pair of transmission line speakers about 30 years ago ... in my bedroom!

I'll put some pictures up shortly ...
emotion-1.gif

T

the record spot

Hi John, not sure if anyone's mentioned yet, but those CDs don;t tend to do so well on turntables - try it in your Cyrus player instead!
emotion-5.gif

Seriously, that's a stonkingly good system - is there any chance you post up a few more shots of the 401 when you get a chance?

T

the record spot

Nice one - very impressive deck; the piano black plinth's rather smart too.

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
I made the plinth when i got the garrard around 25 years ago.From memory i used 8 sheets of 18mm mdf each one cut to fit the turntable like a glove.I sprayed the plinth with a airgun and used a ford transit wheel as air source.After maybe 10 coats of paint and much sanding it then was sprayed with lacquer.Arm is a rewired rega rb300 with a michell tecno weight.With a good record it beats the cyrus cd player with ease.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts