My new setup I bought and what I dint like while demo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well spent this week end to go out and demo some systems with the Onkyo 606 being default in all set ups.Demo-ed the B&W MT1 , Mission cubes, and KEF 5000.2.The first one being B&W absolutely hated it, no class at all. It was just flat on top and mid with no control over bottom. I never wanted to demo the B&W, I only went to hear them because people suggested them on this forum and the dealer was overly enthusiastic to demo it. So I would say nahhhhhh. They may be good speakers but I guess needs a lot of fine tuning to amp and surroundings. Mission cubes were ok and good value for money. They did bring out very good top and bottom, the mids I would say 4 out of five when compared to Kef. I would say if you are on budget and have upgrade plans this one is to go for from value, sound and aesthetics point of view. Try a different sub i would say. Not that the m-cube woofer is bad but there are better ones out there to get that extra little.Yeah you guess it right. The Kef stood out for me. i know from price point of view its bit more but trust me it is worth it. I could just sit there and make out with out any hard effort where the sound was coming from. There was no confusion whether the sound meant to come from left was from center and left or just from left. The mids were mids were fantastic too with no disappearing act between the top and bottom. It was like the top, mid n bottom were wanting to display there own individual character. The sub was just right as well not over powering not under stated. Just made me feel the woofer dint exist. I did like to right more but I know I can go on. If you have any questions just ask. By the way it cost me £1913.00 for the Kef, Onkyo, and cables from Superfi in Camden, London. Good bunch of guys and go through the pain of setting up stuff as you want them. Though I would always say go with some own good audio knowledge. Had I not known about sound and my tops, mids and bottoms, I would have just bought the B&W's cause the dealer suggested it. Good luck.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
You need to remember that everyone's tastes vary, which is why you did the correct thing and actually demo all the speakers to find what suited you.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="kunal_x"]
Haha no comment ! so i guess no ones defending B&W.
[/quote]

Sorry dude. Can't comment as I've never heard of the MT1.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="kunal_x"]
Haha no comment ! so i guess no ones defending B&W.
[/quote] I will. You say that they have no class. What do you mean by that? I have listened to the B&W speakers with the lesser sub in the MT20 system. It's very good. I was really impressed with it. By the way, I've been to the Camden Superfi and they tried hard to sell me Kef floorstanders - "they are better than any other speaker in their price range" I was told. They weren't.

A

Anonymous

I guess then the camden superfi guys change thier tune to customers liking. BTW that is not the best demo room in the world. Lot of dark spots where some key elements of sound just disappeared. Superfi if you readin this you really need to redo your demo room.

~see i have read now more about the B&W and KEF and they more or less seem to be peple liking i blame it in the amp setup. Since its at some kind of standard setting and not sync-ed to work with all speakers simultaneously i think its not fair and does not give the buyer the true sound the speakers are meant to give. Am not sure how the vendors feel about this. Its probaly a case of who applies more preassure on thier retailers. one month they could do well with Kefs the other B&W.

BTW am not also not talking about the 6000 series floor standers they were not to my taste either, lot of money for comparable oomph.

TRENDING THREADS