My new Hi Fi System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know very little about the finer points of hi fi systems. I listen to a lot of music mostly classical (orchestral and solo instruments, piano etc) and Jazz and apriecate a clear true full sound. I am thinking of buying a Rosksan Kandy L3 & Mr3 CD with Dali Ikon 6 speakers and possible a dennon TU180 tuner. I would apriecate your comments on the individual items, their compatibility and perhaps some alternatives.

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Great speakers and a superb tuner (best value I know of), but I would advise you to buy a different amp/cd player. I would go for the Naim Nait 5i (italic i) and the matching cd player. Much better system and will provide you with a much better sound for classical; it really is a clear full sound!

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
IMHO I find Naim great for uptempo music and whilst it can do Jazz and Classical well I would plump for an Auidolab setup. All in my humble opinion. Having demoed one a few months back I would highly recommend it especially where your tastes are concernec.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The speakers are excellent, I have some. For classical maybe look at Arcam as it certainly works well on acoustic/string instruments very nicely indeed.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]The speakers are excellent, I have some. For classical maybe look at Arcam as it certainly works well on acoustic/string instruments very nicely indeed.[/quote]

Us Arcam people ey! Joel is right, but I feel the A70 it a little underpowered and the A90 isn't much better considering it is nearly twice the price...unless you buy the Arcam FMJ A32 that is! You can get it new for £800 in Sevenoaks now! And what a beast it is!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gpi"]Puresound A30 Class A valve amp.[/quote]

Double the budget?

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"][quote user="gpi"]Puresound A30 Class A valve amp.[/quote]

Double the budget?[/quote]

He didn't say same price alternatives. ;o) For classical and solo piano etc it is difficult to beat with solid state.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts