My magazine has not turned up yet?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes - Due to incredibly tight print deadlines and an embargo on the Awards results, issues were only posted out to magazine subscribers yesterday - so should arrive from this morning. It's the unique nature of the Awards issue, I am afraid - we simply can't get it quicker.

However, subscribers to the digital edition could download copies from just after midnight. Hopefully we will be able to offer all subscribers the choice to have a digital plus paper copy combo soon, so they get best of both worlds.

Thanks for your patience re issue arrival!

A

Anonymous

AH, thank you both for your quick response, it usually arrives with my subsricption to something else which came on Monday, so I thought I would give it till the end of the week. Thx again.

Triggy

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
What is the point of having a subscription which promises delivery before the magazine is out in the shops. No magazine today, I could buy it from Tesco as it sits in the shelf!

I'm not a happy subscriber!

Embargo is not an excuse!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Triggy said:
What is the point of having a subscription which promises delivery before the magazine is out in the shops. No magazine today, I could buy it from Tesco as it sits in the shelf!

I'm not a happy subscriber!

Embargo is not an excuse!

On every other issue of the year, the magazine is typically printed and bound more than a week before the on-sale date, and is thus typically sent out the Thursday before it goes on sale on the following Wednesday.

The Awards issue, which is after all the 13th issue you get on a subscription – most other magazines only give you 12 – runs a lot tighter than that: I know for a fact we were only passing pages for press last week.

Again apologies for the delay, but all the magazines were posted yesterday – which was as soon as we could send them – and we're now in the hand of postal services.

PoisonJam

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I also believe as a subscriber I should be discovering the results first in the copy that comes through my door.

With more and more reviews being posted on the web and not even exclusive early access to the awards I am beginning to wonder why I continue the subscription.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As already explained, due to the very tight schedule on this 13th issue, it was physically impossible to get the magazine out and into the post any sooner than we did. 'Normal' issues go out the weekend before the midweek 'street date' of the magazine, but this one was only available to be mailed a day or so before it was due in the shops.

Sorry you feel disappointed, but everyone from our own production team to our outside suppliers has worked flat-out to get this issue out on time. And given that the industry embargo date for announcement of Award wins was set for the day the magazine was on sale, it wasn't possible to give 'exclusive early access' to the results.

As a matter of fact, even getting the Awards content on the site went right to the wire: videos were still being edited on Thursday evening, and a small team spent most of Thursday night and into the early hours of Friday getting content uploaded and ready to be put live.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Shocking. As a subscriber, I get my magazine cheaper than buying it in store and it's delivered to my door every month. Plus I also got a free gift when I subscribed worth more than the subscription itself (probably).

And now I find you don't even hand deliver these issues to ensure they arrive on time - instead relying on the "Royal" Mail (though I severely doubt their claims to sovereignty). You should be ashamed of yourselves...

A

Anonymous

31st Oct and i have not yet received my subscription. Who do i need so speak to?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

31st Oct and i have not yet received my subscription. Who do i need so speak to?

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts