My Digital limits

I just thought I'd share this bit of info in case anyone else was bothered.

i don't have a dedicated streamer, I don't use Spotify. Or any other services.

What I have found useful is the little Nowtv box, and the YouTube app.

For background music, or to replace music tv channels that seem to endlessly play the same 20 songs all day every day, it's not a bad (cheap) device.

I only paid £20 for it, and that came with a month of Sky movies with it.

The sound quality is pretty decent, mine is connected to the tv via hdmi, then the TV is connected to the amp by stereo interconnects. And this setup works and sounds just fine.

For anyone wanting a cheap digital solution, it's not a bad little device. You can link your YouTube account to your tablet, search on there for what you want to listen to, click the button, and it's there, on your tv, and coming through your speakers.

Its perfect for the lazy days, when you can't be bothered getting up every ten mins to flip a record over.

K

keeper of the quays

bigfish786 said:

i don't have a dedicated streamer, I don't use Spotify. Or any other services.?

What I have found useful is the little Nowtv box, and the YouTube app.?

For background music, or to replace music tv channels that seem to endlessly play the same 20 songs all day every day, it's not a bad (cheap) device.?

I only paid £20 for it, and that came with a month of Sky movies with it.?

The sound quality is pretty decent, mine is connected to the tv via hdmi, then the TV is connected to the amp by stereo interconnects. And this setup works and sounds just fine.?

For anyone wanting a cheap digital solution, it's not a bad little device. You can link your YouTube account to your tablet, search on there for what you want to listen to, click the button, and it's there, on your tv, and coming through your speakers.?

Its perfect for the lazy days, when you can't  be bothered getting up every ten mins to flip a record over. 
yep..i agree...i cant get youtube so got now tv..now got you tube! Yay! Optical from tv to my pre amp..sound very good..look at sacd music..find basso...great resolution...

K

keeper of the quays

Not sure if you have dac? If you have..defo worth optical to dac from tv then to amp..frankly amazed at sound from tv to amp....

For a wee bit more cash and if you can find a last gen amazon fire tv box....it can do Spotify connect via optical as well as YouTube and other catchup services.oh and if your a prime subscriber I reckon amazon's own streaming service would be usable on it's box,although not as slick as Spotify.I use mine into the arcam ir dac with very decent results.

daveh75

bigfish786 said:

i don't have a dedicated streamer, I don't use Spotify. Or any other services.

What I have found useful is the little Nowtv box, and the YouTube app.

For background music, or to replace music tv channels that seem to endlessly play the same 20 songs all day every day, it's not a bad (cheap) device.

I only paid £20 for it, and that came with a month of Sky movies with it.

The sound quality is pretty decent, mine is connected to the tv via hdmi, then the TV is connected to the amp by stereo interconnects. And this setup works and sounds just fine.

For anyone wanting a cheap digital solution, it's not a bad little device. You can link your YouTube account to your tablet, search on there for what you want to listen to, click the button, and it's there, on your tv, and coming through your speakers.

Its perfect for the lazy days, when you can't be bothered getting up every ten mins to flip a record over.

You would of been better off with a Chromecast TBH, or if you spent a bit more a Fire or Roku stick.

All eminently more useful and superior to a NowTV box which is just an neutered Roku box

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts