My deepest sympathies...

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
...for those of you that do not have my identical kit.
emotion-1.gif

Sounds so good, I actually feel sorry for the rest of you...

I think we all can agree that my systems best. Not that you all don't have some fine gear, if you like that sort of thing.

Just kidding...calm down...

And yes, still planning my next upgrade...
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

You have frequently replaced items in your setup, you are a perfectionist by the sounds of it jax.

Ive always loved the idea that whatever you own, something out there betters it. Therefore, no matter how much you change things, make small altercations, the habit kicks in again...whether this be in a few weeks, perhaps a few months or even years....the hobby of hifi and all that goes with it, is a never ending quest to better. System imrprovement is a microcosm of life itself, the desire to make things more enjoyable, the ultimate pursuit of happiness...

That was deep...think I need to sit down now
emotion-3.gif

IJ

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
I am sure you are planning your next upgrade since untill you find a 15 year old Exposure pre and power amp, Usher CD-7 through a Wadia 12 and a pair of Usher Be-718's you will have to live with second best
emotion-4.gif

You are certainly getting there though
emotion-2.gif

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
ScottH:
....the hobby of hifi

i will never understand how the purchase of consumer goods can be called a hobby. i like good music, i thoroughly enjoy listening to music, and class making music and mixing music (dj'ing) as my hobby, 'hi-fi' is a tool i use in order to enjoy this hobby of mine.

if i ever described 'hi-fi' as my 'hobby' then i would feel very, very, sad indeed.

for those that design, modify or build hi-fi equipmment i can understand it being a hobby.

to put it into perspective - i love cooking, i regard cooking, growing my own produce and creating recipies as a hobby. through my cooking experience i have realised that a good oven is very important in cooking, and i have changed my oven several times over the years, i have now invested in a Rational oven to assist in my cooking hobby. i do not however class 'ovens' as a hobby.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
basshead:....if i ever described 'hi-fi' as my 'hobby' then i would feel very, very, sad indeed.

That ship has sailed.

You contribute on a an online hifi forum.

Are you a member of an online oven forum?

A

Anonymous

Have just moved house. Have inherited a lovely old 2 oven Aga (converted to gas), and a normal cooker with the Holy Grail of Gas Hob, Electric Fan-Assisted Oven and Top Oven. The massive garden with room for a veg patch just makes it even better.

Oh, and the HiFi likes it's new home too.

A

Anonymous

Hmm.. that's more equipment than in the restaurant kitchen where I've just been working.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
jaxwired:

...for those of you that do not have my identical kit.
emotion-1.gif

Sounds so good, I actually feel sorry for the rest of you...

I think we all can agree that my systems best. Not that you all don't have some fine gear, if you like that sort of thing.

Just kidding...calm down...

And yes, still planning my next upgrade...
emotion-5.gif

pop round and you can hear what 2cnd hand, 10 year old kit can do ...

it,s not what you got, it,s what you do with what you got....

T

the record spot

The simple and direct route has gone a long way to improving my music appreciation. And not a multichannel thingy in sight!

(...'cept for the telly!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts