My brand new (second hand) system

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Got my new set-up yesterday. Took today off and i've spent the last 12 hours listening, non stop. Love it, Love it, Love it!

If the photos do come out, I apologise for the quality. They were taken on my shitty vga camera phone. 

I bought:

ROTEL RCD 991

CYRUS 2

CYRUS PSX

ROGERS STUDIO 1a Standmounts.

EDIT: I couldn't get the shots to show up. Luckily, Messiah's a charitable ol' fella and has posted below, for me. 

Messiah

n1015178106_205552_7637.jpg

n1015178106_205554_8226.jpg

n1015178106_205559_2925.jpg

There you go!!

You even have a dog guarding your kit. Nice!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for doing that, Jesus guy! I've been trying to get the photos to show up, with no joy. The dog came free with the set-up.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
By the way, Messiah, if you can be arsed, can you tell me how you got the photos to appear, instead of just being a text link?

ÿ

Messiah

Well, (and I use Firefox) when you post do you get the tool bar with the icons for Font, Font Size etc??

If so, you just click on the picture of a tree and copy and paste your link into the space provided, select a location, I chose TOP, and once this is done it should show the dimensions of your picture and then click INSERT.

Hope this helps.

(If you do not have the Edit tools you may need to enable them in your options)

A

Anonymous

I like the set up, especially those Rogers, very nice speakers. Glad to hear you're getting so much from it! I do marathon listening sessions too and never get bored
emotion-1.gif

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Cheers, Igglebert. I'm well chuffed.

I suppose I paid pretty keen prices for the Rotel and Cyrus components (although the shop does completely refurb all the gear it gets in before making it available for sale, which adds to the price) With the Rotel being £395 and the Cyrus 2 and PSX coming in at £275. But I got an absolute steal on the Rogers. I haggled down to £125, with the stands thrown in. Nice.

ÿ

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Ray,ÿ

Max, the little shepherd/collie cross aint for sale. But, he's got such transient loyalty that, if you ever see us about, just call him and he'll follow you home. One free dog.

By the way, I don't know if anyone's interested but, when I went to pick up my gear I saw the shop had just got in a Cyrus 8x and PSX-R. I had a look, they are both mint. Even the remote is still in its vacuum packed wrapper. They're up for £699. The shop is 'steves hi-fi' he has a web site.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I want a dog.... every time I go 'round my dad's and see his it makes me miss the farty old *** so much!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Dogs are great, I have Max, who's in the photo, and Cassie. Both collie/shepherd cross. If you haven't owned one before, i'd say to think carefully before you get one. As great as they are, they are a massive responsibility, like having hairy toddlers with pointy teeth. You can't be spontaneous and just pisss off for the weekend, cos you gotta get a dog sitter, etc,etc,etc.

Having said all that, what kind of dog are you after?ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts