my amp is running hot.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I ve just purchased a pair of musical fidelity xa50 mono bloc power amps from a shop of e-bay, ive got the little fellas driveing the bottom end of my b&w's cm2's with my xa1 (mf) looking after the tweeters, it sounds great but for some reason one of the mono blocs gets a tad hot while its partner doesnt seem to get that hot, there is a noticeable difference in heat between the two, should this be a worry if there working fine or should i get in touch with the shop? The last thing i want is for things to go pop, prevention rather than cure? ps, ive checked connections, leads, etc.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello i hope i can help.in the past i used this same set up,wonderful sound,my son uses the xa1 with an xray cdp i still have the xa 50's but one of them is playing up so i have asked my trusty engineer to check them over.it seems they do run hot but is easily fixed.i will report back in a few days but if the shop will service them as part of their gaurantee it wouldn't hurt for them to check them over as most sellers on ebay especially from a shop will have some sort of gaurantee.i could ask my friend if he has a quick fix and get back to you tomorrow if that helps.he did say more or less what it is but i cant remember but i know it's not that serious.i hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Sent them of today to get looked at hopefully all sorted!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="jimm"]I ve just purchased a pair of musical fidelity xa50 mono bloc power amps from a shop of e-bay, ive got the little fellas driveing the bottom end of my b&w's cm2's with my xa1 (mf) looking after the tweeters, it sounds great but for some reason one of the mono blocs gets a tad hot while its partner doesnt seem to get that hot, there is a noticeable difference in heat between the two, should this be a worry if there working fine or should i get in touch with the shop? The last thing i want is for things to go pop, prevention rather than cure? ps, ive checked connections, leads, etc.[/quote]

arrrrrr, fond memories of those babies..............

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts