Musical fidelity M6500i

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Damn iPad doing its own thing just for a change. Apologies for the blank post.

So I was doing some window shopping for a dream system earlier and came across the MF M6500i. It is rated at 500 wpc into 8 ohms and after looking at speakers I have yet to find any that require such power. Even the top kef reference speakers are rated at 50-400.

So my question is why make an amplifier that's so powerful? Is it purely to control the speakers even better giving better sound quality in the process or is there a technical reason for the huge amounts of power?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Ben K. said:
Damn iPad doing its own thing just for a change. Apologies for the blank post.

So I was doing some window shopping for a dream system earlier and came across the MF M6500i. It is rated at 500 wpc into 8 ohms and after looking at speakers I have yet to find any that require such power. Even the top kef reference speakers are rated at 50-400.

So my question is why make an amplifier that's so powerful? Is it purely to control the speakers even better giving better sound quality in the process or is there a technical reason for the huge amounts of power?
I don't know for sure but I think with so much power on tap it will give better control over the speakers I am sure though that some one will know :)

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I read a review where they purposely played it very loudly and melted some speakers tweeters and mid range cones apparently. Sounds very much like something clarkson would do.

They did go on to try it sensibly with other speakers and gave it a very good review however.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts