Musical fidelity E11 + E61, oops:)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I went to audition a stereoset, a MF E11 amp and E61 cd player. I kind of fell in love and i guess i bought them:D. This is going ot be my second set, for my listening room (i just made that room up since i have 2 sets now:p). This was not what i was planning to buy, since i was looking for an amp for headphone. But i figured: Heasphones Shmeadphones, so here we are.

I just need some speakers and cables now. When i listened to then, they where connected to Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 6 speakers. I have the feeling that the MF amp is pretty warm, since i know the MS's to be pretty bright (right?).

So what kind of speakers and cables would i be looking for to make a nice match? I would probably be looking at 2nd hand, so the newest models probably are no-go's (unless you think it would be whise to look at budget-new). Does anyone know anything about this set and how to make it shine even more then it did on audition? Are there particulair brands that match well with MF?

Thanks in advance!

Theo

A

Anonymous

Cmon guys, i need some help:).

Found some MS 920i's, some Mission M71's, B&W DM600 s3's, Tannoy M2

Might me able to stretch to something B&W 601s2/3 - KEF iq30 ish?

Am i looking in the right direction?

A

Anonymous

I have a day off tomorrow so i'd like to go but some speakers!

I could pick-up the MS 902's and the B&W 600s3's tommorow. i was thinking of going fot the MS's, because i know they sound great on a warm amp. Or would i be wise to go for something bigger (it's a decent size room (about 5x6 meters), it's quite full though), i don't know what would fit the MF gear better.

hope you can help.

Theo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts