Music streamer question

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a western digital my book live nas with 228gb of alac files (cds ripped in itunes), and then 34gb of amazon and itunes music purchases.

I have put them into one folder and itunes and foobar can see them.

What i want to know is there a music streamer around the £300 mark that i can use my ipad to listen to them of the nas without the laptop being on running foorbar and itunes. Plus i would like it to be able to accept tunein radio and spotify and amazon cloud player via airplay off my ipad2. Saving me having to switch to my apple tv everytime i want spotify.

i was looking at marantz 7004 but i cant find anywhere where it says it play apple lossless from a nas without a computer being on. I really cant be botherd to make a 300gb flac copy of my music .

The other one is a sonos connect can thatbread alac off a nas.

Many thanks simon

Mr Compo

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked into installing Vortexbox on your NAS drive and then using IPeng on your IOS or Android device to control. You can then output directly from the NAS to a DAC and into the hifi.

Vortexbox works with IPlayer, Spotify and loads others.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
You git lol looks very good but 499.99 for 2tb one is a little high. Im looking at 250-300 thanks for option thou i dont dare look further into it as i will no doubt want one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts