music server to dac or pc to dac

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi all
Just wondering what would give me the better sound.USB from laptop to dac using jrivers 15 and all files in flac or something like the the olive 4hd into a dac. Jrivers is great but not sure m getting the most out of it.Not even sure of what audio setting output to use(so many to choose from).
where as the olive is straight forward, rip, store and play...Other thing is how much more money i should spend on a dac to better the one in the olive 4hd.
sincerely yours

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
4HD's own DAC is pretty decent I thought and should be pretty much in the same class if you would take a USB out from laptop to a DAC around £1000. Mac book + firewire interface using Amarra software (rather than itune) is properbly better as a transport than Olive HD but it will then depend on how much you going to spend on the DAC.

A

Anonymous

Pierre Hi, they are essentially the same, Olive locks you into there DAC, hard drive etc, I suggest downloading Foobar ,perhaps with it's Wasapi app, compare
the sound from both, just to make sure you have bit perfect output.
Then perhaps explore some dacs, I would advise looking at Async USB or Async FireWire if your main source is going to be your computer.
Keith.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts