music and alcohol

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok, how many of you will sit down and have a drink whilst haveing a good listening session? I know when i buy some new music ill often get a few beers in as i find it makes the music that bit more magical and also if i keep drinking beer i might grow some hair on my chest,oh to dream.....

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I think it's more to do with the relaxing nature of alcohol. When you've had a few, the nags...Sorry..."Requests" from the Wife to do the dishes, bring the washing in off the line, tidy the living room, etc are more likely to roll off you like the water off a duck's back.

That, and you're generally more inclined to just sit there and do nothing, rather than fidget, read the paper, see what's on TV, etc.

Be warned though. The imaging and soundstage suffer dramatically with your head wrapped round the U-bend of the lavvy.

A

Anonymous

I agree, my palette is of the 4 pound red varitey or 6 pound's if i have female company, you got to push the boat out once in a while.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:I find wine suits music much better than beer

...and plenty of it...red, mind...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
jimm:I agree, my palette is of the 4 pound red varitey or 6 pound's if i have female company, you got to push the boat out once in a while.

a man after my own heart! if anything, im cheaper.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
BOO! not fair. I'm on tablets for an infection under a wisdom tooth and can't drink any alky all week. Sniff..boohoohoo...

And I've got a few cases of nice red (Tesco were doing Wolf Blass CabSav/Shiraz for £3.49 a bottle so I went a little mad) that I swear I can hear calling out to me...

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
jimm:Ok, how many of you will sit down and have a drink whilst haveing a good listening session? I know when i buy some new music ill often get a few beers in as i find it makes the music that bit more magical and also if i keep drinking beer i might grow some hair on my chest,oh to dream.....

Hairy chests are overrated. The wife insists on waxing my chest and back (ouch)...

A

Anonymous

I like a good predictable German grape, cheap ofcourse. A good Gerwertz or reisling. And ofcourse a few wobbly pops can also hit the spot. Depends what's in the ol' cellar.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
To be honest i'm not a big drinker...

6ft 4, 21stone and 2 glasses of red and i've skipped pi***d and gone straight to hangover :(

I spend too much time at the gym and doing competitions so drinking always takes a back seat and stays trhere for a long time...

BUT

I have to agree that a stunning red (im a £6 -£15 a bottle person) or a very nice mellow single malt really helps with sitting there, relaxing and listening to your favourite music :)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
d_a_n1979:To be honest i'm not a big drinker...

6ft 4, 21stone and 2 glasses of red and i've skipped pi***d and gone straight to hangover

That's odd. I'm the opposite. I'm 6'6" and about 25 stone and I can drink, and drink, and drink and it never affects me.

Of course, I don't spend any time down the Gym, and the bulk of that 25 stone is around my waist!

:)

A

Anonymous

I'm 6' 8", 30 stone and Olly Reid has nothing on me........ sorry only joking!

Seriously, Strongbow cider and music does it for me everytime - bigger soundstage, etc. LOL - it helps you relax and LISTEN instead of thinking about that next tweak or upgrade.....

A

Anonymous

That's odd. I'm the opposite. I'm 6'6" and about 25 stone and I can drink, and drink, and drink and it never affects me.

Of course, I don't spend any time down the Gym, and the bulk of that 25 stone is around my waist!

:)
I'm 6 even and 17 and a half stone... same problem. I grind through a case of beer so quickly and to no avail.

A

Anonymous

All you big lads should take up drinking shorts of any kind - as long as they're large - and shots of Aftershock Black as a chaser.

A

Anonymous

Graham_Thomas:All you big lads should take up drinking shorts of any kind - as long as they're large - and shots of Aftershock Black as a chaser.

And not to forget smoking as well - as long as they're packs of 20, class A, > 12mg tar and at least 5mg Carbon monoxide
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts