multiswitch or LNB

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I have 3 sky boxes currently in the house one in the lounge and in 2 bedrooms. I plan on running a magic eye feed to the kitchen from the lounge box and then to another bedroom from one of the other bedrooms via magic eye. On the 3 boxes I want to be able to watch and record at the same time if needed, but am struggling whether this is a multiswitch or LNB need. Do I need to change my quad LNB or do I get a multi switch with 2 feeds to each room ?

thanks in advance

Gray

Not quite sure on your magic eye requirements / implementation.

But it seems that you require FULL Sky+ functionality SIMULTANEOUSLY in 3 rooms.

In which case you would need 6 LNB feeds (2 to each room) either by using 6 of the 8 outputs from a replacement octo-LNB or from your existing quad LNB plus 2 feeds from an additional LNB on another dish.

Gray

I've just read your other post and with the twin cables to each of the 3 rooms, you've already got what you need to run full functionality Sky+ in each room with no need for any switch.

Sounds as if you want to feed even more rooms though. I think your interpretation of 'multi room', using magic eyes (which used to be used to control remotely placed boxes) differs from Sky's description of multi room, whereby another receiver gives you independent channel tuning - and them an additional subscription.

WHF did a website 'All you need to know' about Sky Q which will tell how things have changed and the options available to you. Get yourself in a position where you know what's what BEFORE taking any 'advice' from Sky salespeople. In other words, know what you want before they tell you.

Freesat does for me, so glad I'm not a sport or film fan.

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
what I am aiming for is full sky functionailty in 3 rooms - lounge, our daughters room and 3rd bedroom/office. Then I was going to magic eye from the lounge to kitchen because we wouldn't need to watch different things in both rooms, then magic eye from 3rd bedroom to our bedroom for same reason and also because we dont want a box in our room.

But this is all now blown out of the water because SKY+ no longer give you the option of multiroom and you have to change over to SKY Q

Thanks for all the help though

TRENDING THREADS