MP3 to Apple Lossless Question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a question regarding transfering files from MP3 to Apple Lossless.......Does this work??

If I transfer a file already in itunes from MP3 to ALE does this revert it back to the original quality or is it a waste of time? Not sure whether it just uncompresses the file or not?

Alternatively should i just re-import my originally saved MP3 files from CD?

Jason

Mr.H

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="jay1403"]I have a question regarding transfering files from MP3 to Apple Lossless.......Does this work??[/quote]

Yes, it "works", but...

[quote user="jay1403"]IfÿI transfer a file already in itunes from MP3 to ALE does this revert it back to the original quality or is it a waste of time?[/quote]

It is a waste of time. Lossy codecs such as mp3 or AAC remove information from the source file in order to reduce the amount of space necessary to store the file. Once the information is gone, there is no way to recreate it. If you convert to Apple Lossless, you'll just get a bigger file with the exact same audio quality as the mp3 file.

[quote user="jay1403"]Alternatively should i just re-import my originally saved MP3 files from CD?[/quote]

Yes, this is what you should do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts