Mp3 & Bass

bobrobert

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have a "problem " playing mp3 music. I play mp3 from Amazon through my tv to a denon dm39 receiver with acoustic 2020i speakers and a wharefdale subwoofer 150. The bass seems to boom a little even when the loudness is turned down. I have set the crossover at high and at 80. RCA sheilded cable from the sub to the receiver and the connections all seem to be fine. Would I be correct in assuming that the compression of the music could possibly be the fault as to the bass being a little boomy or might I be a little too sensitive with repect to being too fussy about the bass. The rest of the music is fine to my ears. I am in reality a beginner audio. TIA

A

Anderson

Can you compare the same tracks from different sources, do you still get the same boom?

Do you have different audio presets for different sources? You could well have bass maxed out or elevated for the Fire as source but not for others?

bobrobert

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I think I have solved the problem. I stream music from Amazon via the Amazon fire product. In settings there is a setting to stream music in Dolby surround instead of stereo which I turned off. The Dolby is probably more useful for movies than music? The hum has diminished somewhat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts