movies formats for multi media playback. what is good?

nads

Ok I have a NAS or 2 full of .iso files great for playback with VLC and my LG media player BUT the iPhone nope.

I am also thinking that the file size is a bit big but i am not wanting to lose any (much) quality.

any thoughts of formats and suitable conversion ware?

A

Anonymous

I use Handbrake to convert my DVD's to iTunes friendly formats.

A

Anonymous

I use Matroska for everything other than music. But I have the luxury of not caring whether Apples supports that.

Paul.

Is the vlc app still on the AppStore? I play various divx formats on my iPad with the vlc app, but there were rumblings it was going to get taken down, open source politics getting in the way.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll suggest Total Video Converter - it does basically any format and has ready made profiles (including fruit based).

Its around 30 dollars but you'll never need another video converter program.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
WinX DVD Ripper for the mac is good , you get to keep 5.1 and subs if required . You can convert to anything ( though they keep trying to sell you other programs the WinX DVD does )

It gives you 100 of options on how to convert your video files and i can convert my dvd to a good quality that plays on anything including itunes and ipod touch etc and will take up about 2gb + of space

My General rule of thumb is 2500kbps Video Quality , 25 video frame rate , H264 mp3 Format , high quality engine , keeping original size and aspect ratio

That will play on DNLA , iPhone well anything really

A

Anonymous

I found your blog site on google and verify a few of your early posts. Continue to maintain up the very good operate. I simply additional up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. In search of forward to reading more from you afterward!…
Locksmith colorado springs servitude Sherwood oregon locksmith microsmatic Virginia Locksmith tau New Hampshire Locksmith fleecer

TRENDING THREADS