Morrissey v Cyrus

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've recently bought a Cyrus CD6SE and have an issue with 'Ringleader of the tormentors' by Morrissey giving me a disc error. I'm aware of the issues that Cyrus have had with early versions but this issue doesn't seem to be connected (my serial no is late enough not to be effected). I'm told that this album was released with some additional copy protection of some description and hence won't play in some machines, the Cyrus being one of them. I've tried ripping it to a CD-R, but this gives me the same problem so I now have 2 copies neither of which play in my Cyrus, but both play on my pc.

Anyone got any good ideas as the album is great and I wouldn't mind listening to it again!!!

A

Anonymous

How frustrating an experience this must be - buying a superb cd player and not being able to enjoy your favourite music....
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

I have owned my Cyrus CD 8 SE for almost 3 weeks now, and out of about 50 different CDs that I have loaded, 2 could not be read, which was frustrating.

Thank goodness, then, that the sound quality is absolutely astonishing.

This unit certainly needs a lot of run-in time. I would have chalked up about 120 hours' worth, and it just keeps sounding better.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Did you do a bitwise copy of the disc, or did you rip to something like iTunes (in lossless) and burn a new CD from there? The latter should strip out copy protection, the former would not.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Did you do a bitwise copy of the disc, or did you rip to something like iTunes (in lossless) and burn a new CD from there? The latter should strip out copy protection, the former would not.

Ripped to itunes using lossless. It works. Thanks for your help JohnDuncan. After all that effort it's still not as good as 'You are the quarry'!!! I had hoped it may have improved with age.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the Cyrus is an amazing player - but it's not THAT amazing!
emotion-4.gif

Glad you got it sorted: definitely a case where copy protection was the real villain...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts