Monster Beats by Dre Studio HD Comet

idc

Still not a bargain
emotion-14.gif
There are many other headphones which are just as good and cost much less.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi idc yes i know there are better headphones about at the money. I am currently looking into a pair os Sennheiser hd650s, However they wont make a good set for my Ipod and are not the most portable- I dont think the ipod would drive them??

The beats are a portable set of phones and i am not a kid!! 32 + 3/4!!.

Looking at the Sennheisers for music listening in the house although have been reading up and everyone says they need a great amp to be at their best???

What do you think??

Thanks

John

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Monster Beats are very "street". I suppose it's good, as it gets people listening to music through decent cans (although they only buy them for the cred that they give).

idc

Do you need closed backed isolating headphones? If you do then the AKG K271 Mk II are beautifully detailed and are available for about £100. Even cheaper with a nice level of detail and dynamics are the Goldring NS1000. Then, if leaking sound is not an issue, the Grado SR80s are fabulous.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks idc, no not needing isolating headphones, these will be used for house listening, In your opinion will the Grados leak more sound than the Sennheiser HDs?? The Grados seem to be smaller over ear design than the larger earpiece on the Sennheisers? Tried on some Sennheisers at the weekend although not the 650s(dealer didnt have that model or Grado)

The problem is i have the chance of the 650s at a good price, worth a gamble??

Do you really need a dedicated amp for them??

Thanks for any opinions!!

John

TRENDING THREADS