Monitor audio radius

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
I listened to some Monitor Audio R270's in a Sevenoaks and was actually shocked at how poor they sounded compared to my Monitor Audio B2's. I tried a few different cd's of varying styles but they just sounded woolly with everything.

Try and get down to a Sevenoaks store and demo them just to hear for yourself.

My surround set-up is going to be B2's at the front, a Radius 180 centre and R45's as rears.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, that's helpful to know. Will definitely demo first if I think I might be interested in them. Lack of free time and no hifi shops close by mean I want to make sure I make the most of a demo, so trying to work out which speaker packages will be best to have on my shortlist.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
oldleodensian:Thanks, that's helpful to know. Will definitely demo first if I think I might be interested in them. Lack of free time and no hifi shops close by mean I want to make sure I make the most of a demo, so trying to work out which speaker packages will be best to have on my shortlist.

The R90s are great little speakers but they are surround speakers. I am surprised that the other poster wasn't impressed with the 270s though. They are supposed to be very good. One of the editors on here has them at home.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, your input is greatly appreciated. Thought the 180 speakers might be good as the front and centre, as they look great, are relatively low profile and aren't as intrusive as the 270 floostanders...much as I'd love to have some big speakers like those, convincing my 'other half' is another matter entirely!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts