Monitor Audio Info!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hey all... does anyone out there have the Monitor Audio RS6 floorstanders? if so what do they sound like? heading to belfast from Waterford in Ireland to Richer Sounds to test drive the cambridge 640 cd amp combo. any details on the sound out there? have been assured by the good staff there that they sound great! any neutrals out there?

thanks mucho
emotion-5.gif

matthewpiano

Great speakers but need careful partnering. MAs can sound poor or amazing - they are very sensitive to what you partner them with. Personally, I think the RS6s need a much better amp than the 640A which I suspect might irritate the MA tweeter into a slight harshness at the top end. If you can't up the budget on the electronics I'd suggest trying the 640A/C combo with something like Mordaunt-Short MS914is or even a good stand mount like the Mezzo 2. If you can up the budget for the electronics there are plenty of amps out there that can make the RS6s sing.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
floyd droid:gerardasnails is your man for honest opinion regarding MAs,if my memory serves me well he has got RS6s. With luck he will see your post.

Thanks Floyd.

I also drive my RS6s with a Cambridge Audio amp. However, I don't think that the 640A will be good or powerful enough for the MA speaker. I don't know what manufacturers are available to you in Northern Ireland but I originally had the Creek Evo with my RS6s and they were a great match. If you are hell bent on the 640 combo, I would step down to the BR5s.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Fully agree with Gerrard on this one...

I had the M/A RS6's paired with an Arcam Alpha 9 set up (integrated, power and CDP) and they were superb.

Having heard the C/A amps; id say that they dont have the guts to drive the RS6 speakers at all but they also sound a bit clinical and forward in the treble area...

If youre afer C/A spearates go for the 840 series; if youre after decent separates but for less £££ aim for the NAD C325 integrated amp and a NAD CDP.

Superb sound with plenty of power and guts to make the RS6's sing.

A

Anonymous

Excellent speakers, but you want better amplificqation to use them. With the CA stuff they will sound bright and lazy. Try them out with something big and arcam, or even better see if they have an audiolab 8000Q & 8000P combo you can try it with.

A

Anonymous

Agree with the posts above, I love mine!

However, I would be careful with regards to placement otherwise you may get a little bass boom if placed too close to a rear wall.

PS enjoy Belfast!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts