Monitor Audio BX2s and MCR610 for lower level listening?

technic123

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
HI all

am looking for some speakers that have an excellent sound when played at lower levels

my current aviano 1s sound absolutely great when played at moderate/louder levels as the bass and midrange really show through.

However at lower levels, which is what i primarily listen at, they sound flat it mid and bass

it maybe my technics amplifier not having a loudness button but im not sure

i am looking at a Marantz MCR610 and some Monito Audio BX2s

some advice please would be much appreciated

matthewpiano

The BX2s, like your Avianos, need a bit of power through them before they start to give their best. I don't think they are the right speaker given what you have said in your post.

For something good at low volumes look no further than Q Acoustics. The 2020i is really good with all but very high volumes and will work very nicely with a 610.

tompointer

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I purcased the mcr610 with bx2s as a package.(£540).

I originally wanted the mcr610 with floorstanders but was advised it would not have the power to drive them.

I was impressed with the clarity but felt it lacked depth.

I then purchased a subwoofer monitor audio bxw10 to aid depth.

Highs were great lows very low but it still lacked something.

I took a gamble and bought some Mordaunt short mezzo 8 floorstanders £550.(a bargain in my opinion).

The little mcr610 drives these fine and does not get hot as advised by a richer sounds member of staff.

The bx2s are relocating to the bedroom.

peterpiper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
tompointer said:
Hi

I purcased the mcr610 with bx2s as a package.(£540).

I originally wanted the mcr610 with floorstanders but was advised it would not have the power to drive them.

I was impressed with the clarity but felt it lacked depth.

I then purchased a subwoofer monitor audio bxw10 to aid depth.

Highs were great lows very low but it still lacked something.

I took a gamble and bought some Mordaunt short mezzo 8 floorstanders £550.(a bargain in my opinion).

The little mcr610 drives these fine and does not get hot as advised by a richer sounds member of staff.

The bx2s are relocating to the bedroom.

Good call, whoever told you the 610 will not drive floorstanders is talking rubbish

I tried my AE109 and they sounded very absorbing with it, never once did i hear any sign of clipping

the only problem was the 109's were to big for the room where I have the 610 in,....... but it was only a problem at loud volumes, the bass got too much !

I bet the mezzo blow the bx2 out of the water
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts