Mk I Rega Planet / Cursa / Maia

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi all - a friend will let me have his original (pre 2000) Rega Planet / Cursa / Maia set up for relative peanuts.

I'm heading to his this weekend to give it a listen. He's got some quite expensive speakers to listen to it all (not sure of make but I think he's recently paid about £1500 for them, and is upgrading everything else to match) - bearing in mind that I wouldn't want to spend that much on a pair of speakers to go with it, I'm not sure that this audition is going to tell me much about how it will sound in my listening room.

Does anyone have any experience of this set up - it's quite old but presumably stands up pretty well to the passing of time?

I'm thinking of putting it together with something along the lines of Mission 751/752 or B&W 601/602 depending on what's available second hand at time of looking.

Does that sound like a good match?

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone got any thoughts in this setup?

I'm off to Scotland to see him tomorrow, would love to know if anyone thinks this old system is worth a punt, and what kind of (relatively cheap) speakers would suit it.

Thanks!

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with those models from Rega, but I am with the speakers. I would defintely go for the 752. They are some very fine speakers, and they fit my Rega Brio R very well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts