Mission speaker package help...I need your opinion

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Finally after days of searching the internet for a decent 5.1 speaker package to go with a Yamaha DSP-AX763 AV Receiver, I think i may have craked it, but i'd love to hear your feedback before i purchase it.

Qty

Product
Code
Stock-->
Price
Line Price

thumb_MSM33i.JPG

Mission M33 i Floorstanding Speakers Pair

Finish: Cherry

MS33i
∞-->
£154.95
£154.95

thumb_MSE3CNW.jpg

Mission E3C Centre Speaker

MISSIONE3C
∞-->
£99.00
£99.00

thumb_MSE3SR.jpg

Mission E3 ASR Subwoofer

MISSIONE3AS
∞-->
£190.00
£190.00

thumb_MSM34i.JPG

Mission M34 i Floorstanding Speakers Pair

MS34i
∞-->
£239.95
£239.95

del.gif

- Remove Item
Subtotal:
£683.90

Shipping:
[continue for options]

Basket Total:
£683.90

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I have heard somewhere on this site that having the same speakers for front and back, where possible, helps intergrate the sound (seems to makes sense logically).

I would go for two sets of M33i as you have a sub in the set up anyway. I heard the M33i years ago when thinking of changing my tannoys DC2000's. They sounded fantastic, but had less bass weight than the tannoy's.

You may want to consider the follow centre and sub, as they were designed to go with the M series of mission speakers (may intergrate better):

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2082

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1492

Or even a wharfedale SW150 sub.

Hope that helps......

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Should work well as long as you have a big enough room.You're using floorstanders for fronts and rears? Check out Superfi.co.uk for the centre which is going for about £68 rather than the £99 you quote but I'd probably be tempted to go for the M3C2I instead. I have the M33i's and the E3C Centre but I'm already thinking of upgrading the centre as it's a bit thin sounding.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I would go for the m3c2i centre as this will be a match tonally with the rest of the m3i range of speakers. Good centre as well.

I have the m33i fronts,m3c2i centre and these for my rears. Sounds excellent with plenty of deep bass even without a sub. The fronts are fairly close to the wall though, about 10-15cm and the room is aprox 4x5metres. Amp is a Denon2105 running through a PS3.

The rears are excellent for movies and really easy to fit to the wall, excellent if you don't have the space for full size speakers/stands. If your into 5.1 music then I think proper speakers for the rears would be a better bet.

You would need a HUGE room to go with floorstanders all round imho. Have you thought about either the rears I have or maybe the M31i and some stands for the rears and using the M33i for the fronts. You'll save a few £'s on the M34i and could put the money saved into the better m3c2i centre.

EDIT: Im suprised you found the M33i lacking in bass weight, kicks like a mule in my room. Even though I don't have a sub yet I have had to knock down the lfe channel by -3db, was a bit too much at standard level (0db). I have thought about sticking the foam bungs in the rear ports but that would mean the nightmare of tackiling the shed to find the boxes.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for all your input it's helped me out a great deal. I think im going to go with

M33i = front

E3 ASR = sub

M3c2i = centre

M3 = rear

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I can definitely reccomend bi-wiring the M33i's. Alot more detailed and the bass seems alot tighter than when using single speaker wire. I use Chord carnival silver plus speaker wire with some cheap banana plugs attached. The banana plugs make it much easier to connect the speaker wires, especially at the amp end.

You can remove the little plastic plugs out of the end of the speaker terminals on the speakers using a knife or small screwdriver, if you want to use banana plugs that is.

I would buy some decent speaker cables for the front 3 speakers (bi-wire for M33i), like the Chord silverscreen or qed silver anniversary xt. For the rears you can use cheaper & much thinner cable like qed micro. I have used this company twice now, excellent prices and service.

I made the mistake of using the Chord carnival wires all round, which wasn't cheap and was a bit tricky to fit the thick cable in the rears. The cable was pretty stiff as well which didn't help. If I had of known I would have gone for the thinner/cheaper wire for the rears.

EDIT: It's deffinately worth buying some half decent cables, I used to use some cheap Gale speaker wire and I got a huge increase in performance from the Chord cables.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the advice, Actually I already used 'Hificables' earlier this
week to purchase an Optical cable. What speaker cable would you recommend
for the sub?

Also I've emailed Audio Affair with my 'wish list' to see if they would do a
combined discount, they have replied via email and want to chat on the phone
first...which is good news.

TRENDING THREADS