Mission MX1 v Mission 780se

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
ive got an old pair of mission 780se that have served me well .. just wondering if i can get a better sound for not much outlay ......are the Mission MX1 a big improvement ? I know back in the day my 780's cost me £300 and these new missions are alot cheaper... so not sure if i'd get that increase .

Any opinions ?

A

Anonymous

Hi there

The 780se where/are really good speaker and i think you would be going backwards in the sound and build department if you purchased the MX1's. Don't get me wrong the MX1's are great budget speakers but are defo made with that in mind

Mission where really on top of their game when those speaker where designed, i think you need to be looking in the same price bracket even in todays market to beat them.

I would stick with them they're great, if not look at the new KEF Q range i heard some great things about them.

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
ive been eying up the b&w 685's might have ti save i think .. the 780's are the only set up speakers ive kept .. even had £1000 speakers come and go over teh years .. but always kept the missions as reserve .. they are good :)

A

Anonymous

Ive done the same with some mission speakers, i quite like their sound so never get rid, always good to have spares

T

the record spot

TALON1973:
ive got an old pair of mission 780se that have served me well .. just wondering if i can get a better sound for not much outlay ......are the Mission MX1 a big improvement ? I know back in the day my 780's cost me £300 and these new missions are alot cheaper... so not sure if i'd get that increase .

Any opinions ?

Yep, much as said earlier, keep the 780s - very, very good speakers and I'm not sure that the MX1s woul dbe an improvement. Try them out by all means to put your mind at rest, but IIRC the 780s did what they did very well IIRC.

A

Anonymous

While we're comparing speakers…what about a comparison of Mission 751 and Mission 780 SE? Did the 780's have driver issues? Or was that a problem of some other variant of the 780?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts