Mission 751

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MrT31

May 12, 2011
Visit site
When testing against Monitor Audio B2's the 751's we actually more detailed but the B2's were far more open and balanced sound, more bass too. I also noticed that at higher volumes the 751's sounded v harsh and lost clarity.

Was prob not testing with the best of amps but just a selection that Richer Sounds put out there. One was low end Cambridge Audio and think the 2nd was the CA Topaz SR20 at £399.

Mission75

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Personally i think the 751 probably did not partner well with the amps you listened to, also listening to the speakers at home will sound different to the shop. I remember listening to my Mission 753s in the shop and was not impressed, the dealer let me take them home and the 753s are still with me 23 years later. If you are looking for a simple integrated amplifier i would suggest a old Cyrus 3 not a 3i as they have different style of sound

TRENDING THREADS