Micro System or Ipod with dock?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please could some one advise me which would be best for me.

I am looking for a music system which I can play my music in my lounge but is small and gives out a good sound for around £150 - £250?

I considering either buying an I pod Nano or Classic? With a pair of good compatible speakers

Or an I pod with dock/speakers i.e . Gear 4 base station.

Or a small micro system such as the Onkyo CS-515uk with or without speakers.

Or any mixture of the above?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We review the Gear 4 in our current issue - really wouldn't waste you money on it!

I'd save that little extra and get the Onkyo, which will deliver, far, far better sound, and is available with a matching iPod dock. Better still, get it without its matching speakers and buy Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom (£110) or Q Acoustics 1010i (£100) instead. That'd make a storming compact but capable system.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Thank you for your reply, I'll certainly look into your suggestion.

Thanks again,

Mike.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Mike

Clare's right. I run the Onkyo at home with a pair of Tannoy speakers and the Onkyo iPod dock, and it's a cracking system. Far better than most dedicated iPod docks with speakers IMHO.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,
With ref. to the above, I have found a price of £230 for the Onkys 515 DAB micro system at

http://www.laskys.com/home_cinema_and_audio/home_audio/micro_hi_fis/onkyo_cr515dab.html

The price also includes their own speakers, any good? Or should I pay the extra for the Tannoy or Accoustics?
The best price for Onkys 515 DAB without the speakers is the same £229 at numerous sites?

Also, what is the differance between the Onkys I-pod DS AS 2x and the DS AS 1x I-pod dock as their is £30 difference.

Thanks for your help, Mike.

A

Anonymous

Hi Steve,

With ref. to the above, I have found a price of £230 for the Onkys 515 DAB micro system at

http://www.laskys.com/home_cinema_and_audio/home_audio/micro_hi_fis/onkyo_cr515dab.html

The price also includes their own speakers, any good? Or should I pay the extra for the Tannoy or Accoustics?
The best price for Onkys 515 DAB without the speakers is the same £229 at numerous sites?

Also, what is the differance between the Onkys I-pod DS AS 2x and the DS AS 1x I-pod dock as their is £30 difference.

Thanks for your help, Mike.

A

Anonymous

Hi Mike,

If the price is the same with or without the speakers, I'd certainly suggest getting them with. They're really not bad, but if you find yourself wanting to upgrade them at a later date, you can do so safe in the knowledge that you've not thrown any money away.

As for the docks, the A2X comes with its own, dedicated remote, whereas the A1X doesn't. However, both have RI functionality so can be controlled using the 515's remote, so I'd save the £20 and buy the A1X.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts