michell mycro advice needed

during the evening enjoying a bottle of Southern Comfort and some good music i have found myself bidding on a Michell Mycro turntable, does anyone have any experience of this particular turntable? in the event i win it, are there any things i need to know about? any info would be good. thanks.

bigfish786 said:
during the evening enjoying a bottle of Southern Comfort and some good music i have found myself bidding on a Michell Mycro turntable, does anyone have any experience of this particular turntable? in the event i win it, are there any things i need to know about? any info would be good. thanks.

You mad fool. That's what Southern Comfort does for you. :grin: :cheers:

That aside had a mate that had one once and they are a good basic turntable. Pretty well engineered as you might expect, bit of a dust-magnet, but sound.

Does it come with an arm?

If it hasn't had a service recently then some new bearing oil and a new belt might not go amiss - I'd replace them as a matter of course.

yeah, there's an arm and cartridge with it. it has now gone beyond what i'm willing to pay.

thank heaven that the southern comfort has worn off!

ideally i want a gyro se. so i'll keep my eyes peeled for one. and try and lay off the "drunk bidding" ... its not even my ebay account.. its the gf's!

well, the turntable sold for 10 quid more than i was willing to pay (how many times has that happened)

i still fancy a gyro-se. but also like the look of the rega rp3 or rp6

oh, well... back to buying/bidding blind i go.

TRENDING THREADS