MF M1 DAC has landed... WOW!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The MF M1DAC that I bought on Sunday landed today.

Got it plugged in to my ATV2 via toslink then into the back of my Arcam Alpha 10 amp via Chord Crimson Plus interconnects currently (will swap over to the Chord Cobra Plus ones soon to see what difference that makes).

The M1DAC has replaced a £40 basic Lindy DAC which did a good job interim

The ATV2 streams at 16/48 and that shows on the front of the M1DAC; it is then upsampled to 192

The initial impressions on the sound are amazing. The volume on the amp hasnt been pushed past 6, 6.5 yet whereas beforehand I've had it up to 8 - The volume with the M1DAC added seems to have increased but for the better

The treble has really opened up more; become crisp and detailed but with no harshness & the bass/midrange has become that bit more detailed, taut and punchy

I've listened to music from Danny Tenaglia, Mount Kimbie & The Gorillaz to The Commitments soundtrack; Arcade Fire, Sting and Frank Sinatra.

On the Frank Sinatra album; with the "It was a very good year" tracki playing; at the beginning I heard in the background someones seat moving whilst they settled to play the instruments. This I've not noticed before at all and it really opened my ears up more to the rest of the track :D

Overall the M1DAC has really impressed me with the more openess of the soundstage and with the added detail; more so with the added depth/detail in the midrange & bass.

M1DAC =
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

It's a bit good, isn't it? i could not believe the set up from the v-dac 2, as i said before the dac will sound even better after 50 hours, glad your kit arrived, my dali lektor 2's will be deliverd in the next hour, happy days.

A

Anonymous

jimm said:
It's a bit good, isn't it? i could not believe the set up from the v-dac 2, as i said before the dac will sound even better after 50 hours, glad your kit arrived, my dali lektor 2's will be deliverd in the next hour, happy days.

It was an ex-demo M1 DAC so it's already had a god 100 hours through it the dealer said. In immaculate condition; looks like its just been sat on the rack next to an M1CliC et al... :)

I'm surprised to see you, what I'd personally consider, going backwards in speaker choice from the excellent RX1's to some Dali Lektor 2's. What's made you come to that decision?

A

Anonymous

Simple, i sit near field at my pc desk, the rx1's are on atacama stands, they sound a little bright and boomy, i need a smaller, tighter sounding speaker, i am keeping my rx1's to use in another system, i will post my findings on how good the dalis sound.

A

Anonymous

Ah fair enough!

I'd have gone for the Dali Zensor 1's in that case personally; they're very good near field. However some Acoustic Energy AE100's 2nd hand would be superb (they're what I had with a NAD 3020 amp in my office before I bought the Audioengine A2's)

A

Anonymous

I have just set them up, they sound great, the brightness has gone, bass is fast and taut, the lektors have good detail and the vocals are excellent, the dalis are not a backward step but a sideways one that has given my system that bit of smoothness that it lacked ,there is no boomy over hang to notes, it is a much tighter delivery, anyway this is your thread, enjoy your dac :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts