Merlin Tarantula MK6 vs Lindy 6-way

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
I am in the market for a mains condintioner regards my home cinema system. My goal is to achieve better sound output from Blu rays, games & sky.

What Hifi reccomends these two as 'best buys':

http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/mains-products

So my thinking is to attach a Merlin Tarantula MK6 to the denon 2311 av receiver I have to achieve better sound.

Or

Buy the Lindy 6 way & simply plug everything Into there to measure greater gains across the board. Again, my concern is primarily with sound.

I am also thinking the Merlin Tarantula MK6 is a better product for sound since it services one product to a greater degree rather than compromising for many such as the lindy 6-way? (Let me know If I'm wrong).

What can I expect from either solution, the Merlin Tarantula MK6 over the lindy 6 way? Also what would you do, Many thanks.

The equipment concerned is sony s760 (blu ray), denon 2311 (amp), philips 8605 (tv), sky hd & ps3.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
After extensive testing a few years back, its best to plug an amp directly to the wall socket via a mains cable like the one you mentioned. Then use the Lindy 6 way with source items (cd player, blu ray player, etc).

The lindy seemed to rob the amps of bass punch and depth, so best avoided.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Forgot to mention....the most expensive the mains cable, the bigger the gains.

I tried various ones at different price points, and ended up with Chord Powercords throughout my music system, and the cheaper one's on my sub and tv.. These are over £100 per cable,although I bought most second hand off ebay for around half that price.

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok after reading that Pete, I'm looking in to Merlin Tarantula MK6 plugged from Amp straight to wall socket.

I am not sure about the Lindy being used for source materials, would it really make much difference at the end of the day?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
vpacalypse said:
I am not sure about the Lindy being used for source materials, would it really make much difference at the end of the day?

It can be situation dependant....the Tacima is £27 from Amazon, so why not try it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000PS5700/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9550947189&ref=asc_df_B000PS5700.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes, the lindy/tacima is worth the cost, in my opinion.

It does open up the soundstage and add a bit extra depth to the music. Although I think it was more noticable with my cd player.

A

Anonymous

I found the Lindy/Tacima to have a great effect on my Freesat television reception, much smoother picture, I was surprised.

My question is whether it's enough to have normal kettle leads attached to the Lindy/Tacima, or should I also have something like the Merlin Tarantula to connect my amplifier up to the Lindy/Tacima? It is not possible with my setup to connect the amplifier directly to the wall socket, which is itself a spur anyway.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
My 2 cents worth: I have the tacima. Nice buy, can't go wrong. IME gives more stable image on tv and blu-ray; cd benefits I can't really discern.

Even better is to buy 2nd hand BT mains conditioner. If available for reasonable money, say between 25-35. Better results then the tacima IMO

Anyway, with either you can't go wrong.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts