Media monkey

A

Anonymous

cheers for the quick reply,when i try to open this by default it is trying quicktime player which does not open it and cannot find anything else on my mac that will

Thanksÿ

A

Anonymous

That explains it.I am going to download album collection again in lossless format in readiness for transfering to a 160 g ipod and also to stream to my hifi using airport express with air tunes which i know you were singing the praises of recently.Was just curious to look at something that might work better than i tunes.

Thanksÿ

John Duncan

Have been digging around for a solution to this myself, and you have two options - use iTunes to rip apple lossless with error correction on, or run a windows application (like EAC, media monkey, whatever) under a Windows install in bootcamp, then import those files into iTunes.

The latter seems a bit of a faff to me, when apple lossless is, to all intents and purposes, just as good, and you have to use iTunes to control airport express/airtunes anyway.

JonnyD

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan: you have to use iTunes to control airport express/airtunes anyway.

Just wanted to point out, if you use the airport express, there is a program called airfoil that captures audio from other programs, VLC, iDVD, Frontrow, and can also capture all system audio and send it in the same way as airtunes. It works really well!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts