McIntosh MA5200 + 805D or 1008 be

mirekti

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I've been reading this forum for some time and decided to join it as I am getting ready to finally build a hi-fi system.

I wondered if anyone had experience with the combination from the title, and if he/she prefered one gave me some thoughts. I will for sure go with one of the above mentioned speakers as the looks is quite important, ask my wife.

I am not sure whether both pair well with the MA5200 or I should rather go with Rotel RA 1570 or something similar.

Thanks!!!

Lovely amp. I doubt many on this forum will have heard it or heard it with your choice of speakers. Even if they have it might not be much help to you I am afraid as they don't have the same listening room or your ears. :) In cases like this you are the only person that can decide by listening to them yourself. That's stating the obvious I know but could end up saving you a lot of money by not buying on-spec.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Before you buy the McIntosh, could I recommend that you listen to the Devialet 120?

It has an on-board DAC and sounds superb with the 1008Be's. (I have the Devialet 200, but auditioned the 120 at the same time - I went for the 200 because of the Phono stage).

Great looks and discrete too as the Devialet is about the size of a Pizza box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts