Max folders & files allowable on USB for Marantz M-CR510 or M-CR610 ?

penbat

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
The manual says:

* Maximum number of folders - 500 (includes the root folder)

* Maximum number of files - 5000 (the allowable number of files may differ according to the USB memory device)

So the number of permissable folders is apparently fixed but the number of permissable files may apparently exceed 5000 depending on the USB memory device (not sure if that means a hard drive rather than a USB stick).

Anyway I did have my mp3s split over front and rear USB to comply with these rules but I thought I would try putting all my mp3s on one USB memory stick. I have 875 mp3 folders and 5671 mp3 files. I havent noticed any problems. I'm not sure much further I can go with is tho. Anybody else any experence of this ?

penbat

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi SiUK i was hoping to draw your attention. Thanks for helping a second time ! You say "In the Manual it states there is a combined 5000 folder and file limit". My 510 manual refers to 500 limit for folders and 5000 limit for files. Anyway you say you have 2000 folders and 15,000 + files without any problem against my 875 folders and 5671 files on my memory stick so i need not worry and i should be able to add even more mp3s. Presumably it makes no difference than you have a USB drive and i have a USB memory stick ?

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I read that as well. But it nonetheless seems to be some abitrary limit, where files are concerned at any rate. It seems to be a limit to do with performance, or rather, responsiveness, as not all storage devices are equal (what the Marantz tech told me). My advice would be to ignore all but the max folder limit of 5000 and keep on loading up your music and see if anything stops working. That's what I've been doing. I've got over 2500 folders and 20,000+ files on each drive and the Marantz 'sees' them all. Pretty good going :grin:

penbat

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Before your 2 interventions i was about to throw my 510 out the window. Now Im very happy with it. It does exactly what i wanted. Ah bliss, all the hard works been done and i can just listen to hours and hours of music on shuffle. :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts